Sunday, November 6, 2011

Artist for Volunteerism : Dexter Sy




"My drawings on canvas made me draft unconscious ideas of people and of myself. I am creating a cycle of having different kind of concepts but retaining the same style and technique I have known when I began as an artist. By this technique, I mark my own identity and thus, I create eagerness to evolve as an artist through my chosen art."


Dexter Sy holds two degree: one in Computer Programming and one in Fine Arts (major in advertising) in Far Eastern University. Sy was awarded the Jurors Choice for Excellence at the 2010 Philip Morris Philippine Art Awards. He was also among the top ten shortlisted finalist for the National Capital Region at the 2005, 2007 and 2009. He is also recently named as one of the ten winners of the 2011 Manila Art Awards of the Philip Morris Philippine Art Awards. He also took home the Grand Prize at several local art contest. International exhibitions of his work have been held at the Asian Artfair in Korea. Last year he participated in the Asian Art Fairnale at the Haslla Art World Museum in Korea and the show Anima Orientale at the Utterly Art Exhibition Space in Singapore. He was an artist-in-residence Haslla International Open Air Museum in Korea and attended the Haslla International Open-Air Symposium.


PAINTINGS



“Artificial Life”
Acrylic
3’ x 4’
2011
Php 54,000.00

“Automatic Lover”
Acrylic
3’ x 4’
2011
Php 54,000.00